The new site of Doogee official forum is on-line now!

Click here to experience.

support-service
Floor:#

[Tutorial]How to flash a rom downloaded from Doogee forum

Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:21 am

How to use SP flash tool to flash a stock rom

This tutorial is to teach you how to use SP flash tool(Smart Phone flash tool) to flash a stock rom.

To flash a rom,you will need:

-The mtxxxx preloader drivers

The “xxxx” is the model of processor in your device,you can check it in the specifications list of your device here.Then get the drivers you need here. 

-SP flash tool

Download latest version here

-A stock rom

Download Doogee roms here.

-A USB cable

-Your device

-Patience

Some of the steps may need you to try many times,please be patient!

I am using a Doogee F5 to do this tutorial.The steps are the same to other Doogee models.

Note:Please do not use any Rom that is not specified for your device,otherwise it will brick your device.

1.Get necessary drivers and install them

The package should contain files shown as below.

Just leave them for a while.Go to step 2.

2.Clear all the existing drivers that are relative to MediaTek

Search USBDeview on Google and download the latest version.Use it to uninstall all MediaTek drivers that have been installed before.

Right click on the driver,then click Uninstall Selected Devices from the list.

3.Install the mtxxxx preloader drivers.

Right click InstallDriver.exe - Run as administrator.

The program will run automatically and finish the installation like this.

Right click Computer - Manage -Device Manager

In Device Manager,choose one of the groups,then click on Action - Add legacy hardware 

Click Next

Choose Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)

Show All Devices - Next

Click Have Disk and browse the driver file 

Locate file in the mt67xx preloader driver folder,access the following folder according to the operating system of your computer

For Win 7 32-bit system, select usb2ser_Win7.inf

Win 7 64-bit system,select usb2ser_Win764.inf

Select MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port,click Next

Start the installation,click Next

Finish the installation

Check Device Manager,there should be the MediaTek preloader driver

Note

* If SP flash tool or other software still don’t detect your phone then also install MediaTek DA VCOM (consider installing more from the list of drivers one at a time if need be)

* If you get the code 10 error after the installation, simply ignore it and proceed with SP flash tool. You're only getting that error because the driver is not digitally signed.

4.Start to flash a rom

Right click the tool - Run as administrator

Click Scatter loading button

Choose the scatter.txt file.It is located in the ROM folder,which is extracted from the stock ROM downloaded from Doogee website

Choose Download Only in the setting,then click Download

Now connect your phone to PC via a USB cable,make sure the battery has been removed.If the battery is unremovable,just keep the phone shut down.

If no reaction after connecting,disconnect the phone,press the volume+ button then connect the phone again until it works.This step may take you several times to achieve.

If the phone is detected correctly,the status bar will run by itself.

Wait until the process is done.

This means you have flashed the stock rom successfully.Congratulations!

If you are still not understand the steps,you can check this tutorial video provided by a Youtube user named Techmagnet. 
Last edited by support-service on Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin
Floor:#2

Re: [Tutorial]How to flash a rom downloaded from Doogee site

Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:03 am

cool

ayoubcr7
Floor:#3

Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:03 pm

i have x5 max and when i did it i lost my imei (invalid imei) there is no network in my phone any more

ayoubcr7
Floor:#4

Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:05 pm

i have x5 max and when i did it i lost my imei (invalid imei) there is no network in my phone any more

precsmo
Floor:#5

Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:27 am

not sure the problem does not apply to other models but only F7 Pro?? Do not select "format all and upgrade", this will end up loosing the IMEI number. Choose either Download or Firmware Upgrade

support-service
Floor:#6

Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:00 am

ayoubcr7 wrote:i have x5 max and when i did it i lost my imei (invalid imei) there is no network in my phone any more
Please find this tutorial to write the imei numbers.

T3User
Floor:#7

Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:38 pm

Looks good - until I put back the battery in and try to boot. I get the logo, it flashes / fades, then it stays constant. No android UI, nothing. Tried it multiple times, no success. How to proceed? I took the T3 20161013 version for my T3. Tried it with different USB-Ports, I get different VCP COM-Assignments, but the result is always the same.

One thing might be interesting: In the spflash it says "MT6753" in the T3 update rar it says for some files e.g. ... MT6735 ... - is this relevant?

Thanks!

support-service
Floor:#8

Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:31 am

T3User wrote:

Looks good - until I put back the battery in and try to boot. I get the logo, it flashes / fades, then it stays constant. No android UI, nothing. Tried it multiple times, no success. How to proceed? I took the T3 20161013 version for my T3. Tried it with different USB-Ports, I get different VCP COM-Assignments, but the result is always the same.

One thing might be interesting: In the spflash it says "MT6753" in the T3 update rar it says for some files e.g. ... MT6735 ... - is this relevant?

Thanks!

Hi,did you download the rom and usb vcom driver in the forum?They can be found in "Firmware Download".Did you see "ok" after the flashing done?

GkostKing
Floor:#9

Re: [Tutorial]How to flash a rom downloaded from Doogee forum

Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:14 am

I tried to start this tutorial as the topic suggested but some options are not the same because i am using windows xp pro for example the legacy hardware option and in the end the scatter file is always invalid. Any ideas how to move on ? Can we update it from the local updates in our phone ? I tried but the version remains the same.

ChaosResolution
Floor:#10

Re: [Tutorial]How to flash a rom downloaded from Doogee forum

Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:49 pm

Quick question  - should Windows 10 users also select the Windows 7 mt67xx VCOM? After installing the Preloader Driver it does not show up in my Device Manager list under Ports.

Also, I used USBDeview to check if it was there, and I can see mt65xx Preloader, not mt67xx! (I made sure to download the mt67xx from the link you provided)

EDIT: After disabling Driver Signature Enforcement the MediaTek drivers now show up on the list after installing again. HOWEVER, using the SP Flash Tool I get Error 8417 'The load scatter file is invalid!'. I've tried multiple versions of the SP Flash Tool. How do I solve this?

EDIT 2: I appear to have solved it by removing the Chinese characters and reducing the length from the folder name of the ROM.

Return to “Firmware Downloads”